Monday, October 29, 2012

Glasses

Over the past few years I became aware that I was a member of a minority of folks who still wear glasses. Contact lenses and lasik eye surgery seem to have put eye glasses on the shelf....but not in China. Glasses are a serious fashion statement in China. I have been surprised to see the number of young people wearing very stylish frames...with NO lens; just open space. Go figure. And the plethora of frame styles is eye popping (pun intended). I only saw a lot of people wearing sunglasses a lot on the "money" side of town.

Young gals wear funky, lens-less eye glass frames as an accessory much like belts, scarves and jewelry  I've even seen a few guys who are into this kind of fashion statement.  Makes people watching even more interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment