Sunday, September 16, 2012

"A stranger is just a friend you haven't met yet"

I gave my sophomore English writing class a journal assignment to write one page on a new experience &/or a new person they met the first week of school. Here is part of what Chen Qianhui (Julie) wrote:
"Last Thursday we first took our writing class which was given by an energetic and funny foreign teacher, Mrs. Roslyn.  She was very tall and medium in stature with big and beautiful eyes. When I first saw her standing on the platform I thought she was only in her forties but after her finished the self-introduction about her family which had 3 boys and 1 girl and many grandchildren, I even couldn't believe it. For you wouldn't see this in China!  Not only for her character in teaching but also the scale of a family. She was a person of mixed blood, too. 
"After change a seat and taking a photo, we start to have a brief understanding about this class in this semester I knew I would learn many kind of writing types which I used to confuse. It was cool! For me, I really had a sense of intuition that in the following days we would absolutely enjoyed an interesting and meaningful class."

PS - The "mixed blood" comment comes from explaining that my grandparents came from Germany and Denmark.  :))

No comments:

Post a Comment